YEAR OF INCEPTION
OF THE DEPARTMENT :
OUR MOTTO : A Sound Mind In A Sound Body
Staff Profile R.Selvarani
- B.Sc from Queen Mary’s under Madras University
- M.PEd from Sivanthi Aditanar under Manonmaniam Sundaranar University.
- M.Phil - Annamalai University.
- Coached volleyball and kabaddi team for St.Ebba’s Girls.Hr.Sec School from 1999 -2000.
- Physical directress in Razeena Matriculation School (2002-2003)
- Physical Directress in Dr.M.G.R Janaki College from 2003 - till date.
Trained the student who has been selected for SENIOR and JUNIOR INDIA COACHING CAMP in Handball
About 60 students have become NATIONAL LEVEL PLAYERS in different disciplines by getting trained in our college
- There are about 20 University Players in our college.
- Has been coaching Kho-Kho and Athletics for the past 8 years.
- Has been appointed as Manager for Madras University Handball team, National Handball team, Cricket team, Cross- country, Athletics team and State Football team.
Awards And Honours Received
- 'Best Supporter' in the 33rd Junior Nationals championship for boys organized by the Tamilnadu Handball Association in June 2010.
- Received ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ from Laxmi Vilas bank as a recognition of the services to the college.
- Honoured by the Tamil Nadu State Amateur Kabaddi Association Referee Board.
Inter national conference
- Presented a paper ‘Vilayattu Thuraiyil Pengal’ organized by the department of Tamil, Dr M.G.R Janaki College of Arts and Science for women on 23rd Feb 2010
- Participated in the National Seminar ‘Innovative practices in ensuring quality’ on 27th Mar 2010
National Level Seminar
Presented A Paper
A study of the characteristics and body composition between sports and non sports’ organized by the Department of Physical Education and Sports(UGC sponsored) University of Madras on 19th Mar 2010
National Level Matches
Received a certificate in the 45th Senior National Kabaddi Championship held at Beed, Maharashtra from 22nd to 26h April 1998.
State Level Seminars
Participated in a seminar organized by the Internal Quality Assurance Cell, J.B.A.S college for women on 21st April 2009. -`The choice based credit system’s challenges and benefits.’
State Level Matches
Recognized as a team player at the XVII South Zone Inter State Kabaddi Championship conducted from 16th to 8th April 1999 at the Hodangadi Kabaddi ground at Kerala.
Workshop And Training
Participated in the workshop on ‘Latest changes and new rules in sports and games’ organised by the YMCA College of Physical Education in association with the TamilNadu State council for Higher Education(TRANSCHE) on 25th Aug 2009.
Participated in National Level workshop on ‘Cardio Respiratory Fitness’ held at St.Joseph college of engineering on 23rd Mar 2010.
Participated in the teacher orientation program held at Dr M.G.R Janaki college form 11th June to 13th June 2009.
Participated in the ‘Intensive Training Program’ held at University of Madras from 6th May to 20th May 2010.
- Sports quota is provided to the students.
- The equipments are of high quality.
- The students are given travelling allowance for participating in various matches and events.
- They can utilize such equipments in improving their skills.
- The college also gives special concern to those who brings laurels to college.
- They are honored in the assembly and on the sports day.
- The students are provided free lunch.
YEARS COURSES OFFERED NO. OF STUDENTS
2006-07 SELF-DEFENCE 10
2007-08 AEROBICS 30
2008-09 SELF-DEFENCE 25
2009-10 SELF-DEFENCE 15
2010-11 SELF-DEFENCE 8
2011-12 SELF-DEFENCE & SILAMBAM 29
STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENTS (MEDIA)
Exclusive Interview of S.SUGANYA in MAKKAL T.V for the program PENNAE NEE